Being a collection of doggerel, verse, stories, politics, historical essays, satire, poetry, jokes, pictures and whatever else I damn well please on a variety of interesting (or otherwise) subjects.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fridge Magnet Messaging


I received some unfortunate news today about the health of a good friend, and, while I was attempting to absorb it, my good wife approached me with several small "honey-does," which, I'm sure, seemed important to her at the time. As a result, I'm afraid I was a bit short with her, suggesting forcefully that she might enjoy biting me in an unusual location. I apologized a few minutes later but expected that the event might be one of those that comes back to haunt you at a later time. Instead, I found this pegged to the refrigerator right next to the dispenser of my drug-of-choice (coffeepot) where I couldn't miss it.



Sometimes marriage can surprise even an old hand like me at how nice it is.


2 comments: